Attesting Cuban Documents (FAQs)

Frequently Asked Questions about Cuban document legalization services

Can Cuban documents be legalized by Apostille?

Cuba is not a member of the Apostille Convention and does not issue Apostille stamps. Documents legalized in Cuba by MINREX need additional authentication by the embassy of the destination country in Havana before they can be used.

For further information, see:
Right arrowCuban legalization services

Back to Questions

What types of documents can be legalized in Cuba for use abroad?

Cuban documents that can be legalized for use abroad include

  • Cuban birth, death and marriage certificates
  • Criminal record certificates (Certificación de antecedentes penales)
  • University degrees
  • Divorce certificates

Certificates of unmarried status (fe de soltería).

To confirm whether your document is eligible for legalization in Cuba, contact us and we’ll check your document free of charge. For further information about legalizing documents in Cuba and for assistance obtaining official copies of Cuban documents, see:
Right arrowCertify documents issued in Cuba for use abroad

Back to Questions

Where can I see reviews of Isarey's Cuban Attestation and Apostille Services?

You can see reviews from past clients who have used our attestation and apostille services:

Back to Questions

How can I legalize a Cuban document for use in the United Arab Emirates?

Cuban documents required for submission to the authorities of the United Arab Emirates can be legalized at the Cuban Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then at the UAE embassy in Havana.

Back to Questions

How can I legalize a Cuban birth, death or marriage certificate to use abroad?

Cuban birth, death and marriage certificates are legalized at the Cuban Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then at the embassy of the recipient country in Havana. Certified copies of Cuban birth, death and marriage certificates can be obtained through the nearest List of Cuban embassies and consulates abroad Cuban embassyExternal link (opens in new tab) or in Cuba from the Civil Status Office in Havana or in the Municipality where the death, marriage or birth took place.

Isarey can obtain certified copies of death, marriage and birth certificates in Cuba for clients requiring their authentication for use abroad.

Back to Questions

How can I get a quote to certify my documents?

To receive a quote, you can upload your documents using our online quotation form or send us your documents by email. After reviewing your documents and requirements, we will get back to you with a quotation:

If you don’t have the documents available, just describe the documents you need to certify, and we will get back to you with an estimation of cost and delivery times.

Using our quotation form, your documents will be uploaded over a secure connection and immediately encrypted on our server. For added protection, you can upload password-protected files ( PDFExternal link (opens in new tab), Microsoft Office 365: Save a password protected document to prevent unauthorized people from opening it. Office DocumentsExternal link (opens in new tab), WinRAR Encryption Frequently asked question (FAQ) RAR foldersExternal link (opens in new tab)) and provide us with the passwords separately.

PERSONAL DATA: If your documents contain personal data belonging to people outside your household, please ensure that you are authorised to share this data before uploading your documents. If your documents contain sensitive personal data, such as biometric data, medical data or data on criminal convictions, please ensure that you indicate this when prompted, upon submitting your documents. For further information on our processing of personal data contained in uploaded documents, please see:
Privacy Policy (Customer Inquiries)

For further information on confidentiality in our handling of document content please see:
Confidentiality (Client Content)