Attest documents for use in Hong Kong

Certify documents issued in over 100 countries for official use in Hong Kong

Certify documents issued in over 100 countries for official use in Hong Kong

Isarey works across multiple jurisdictions to legalize international documents so that they are valid for submission to Hong Kong authorities.

We legalize all types of official documents for use in Hong Kong, including identity documents, birth and marriage certificates, criminal record certificates, academic diplomas and corporate documents.

We work locally with certification specialists, notaries, law firms and certifiedEnglish and Chinesetranslators in over 100 countries, certifying documents for use in Hong Kong, including documents issued in:

Hong Kong is a signatory to the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents Hague Apostille ConventionExternal link (opens in new tab). This means that official documents issued in other signatory countries can be certified by an Apostille Stamp in the country where they have been issued. This stamp will generally be accepted directly by Hong Kong authorities as confirmation of the document’s authenticity without need for further certification in Hong Kong.

However, documents from non-Apostille countries must be legalized by the authorities of the issuing country and then attested by the local Hong Kong embassy or consulate. This applies to documents in countries such as: AE United Arab EmiratesUnited Arab Emirates - TW TaiwanTaiwan - MY MalaysiaMalaysia - TH ThailandThailand - ZM ZambiaZambia - QA QatarQatar

If you have documents issued in Hong Kong:

Isarey also certifies documents issued in Hong Kong for use abroad, including Hong Kong birth, death and marriage certificates, diplomas and criminal record certificates. For further information, please see:

Right arrowCertify documents issued in Hong Kong for use abroad

Certified Translation

When documents are written in a language that is not an official language of Hong Kong, then a certified translation may also be required. It is important to ensure that the certified translation is valid for use in Hong Kong. Translations not done in Hong Kong may require separate legalization alongside the original document.

Isarey provides document attestation services to private, corporate and institutional clients worldwide. Our presence in different jurisdictions and our local experience and expertise dealing directly with authorities and embassies in different countries means we can save you time, frustration and money, ensuring that documents are properly prepared so that they are accepted by Hong Kong authorities.

To find out about certifying documents for use in Hong Kong, use our online quotation form or email us a scan or description of the documents you need to certify. We will get back to you directly with a quotation and details of how to proceed:

6 steps to certify document for use in Hong Kong

  1. Upload the documents you need attested or send them to us by email.
  2. Our experts will pre-check your documents to ensure that they are eligible for Apostille certification or consular legalization in the country where they are issued, and we’ll assist you locally in preparing them if required.
  3. We’ll send you a quotation with the total cost of the process (final price including all fees, certified translation when required and courier costs) and an estimation of how long the process will take to complete.
  4. We’ll arrange a secure courier to collect your original documents (where electronic versions are not sufficient).
  5. As soon as we receive your documents, we will confirm your order and proceed with the attestation process. Where appropriate, we will arrange certified copies for the attestation process so that we can return your originals directly.
  6. We return the attested documents to you by secure international courier.

Hong Kong Resources

Hong Kong news and resources: visas, business and immigration

Hong Kong Visa and Immigration Resources
Hong Kong - UK Foreign travel advice
This advice reflects the UK government’s understanding of current rules for people travelling on a full ‘British citizen’ passport from the UK, for the most common types of travel to Hong Kong.
Living in Hong Kong
Information for British citizens moving to or living in Hong Kong, including guidance on residency, healthcare and driving.
Hong Kong Visa and Immigration News
Hong Kong launches new scheme to attract foreign investors
The CIES allows investors to apply for permanent residency in Hong Kong by composing the HK$30 million into permissible financial assets
Hong Kongs cash-for-residency scheme can attract more family offices
Family office operators say many of their customers have shown an interest in the soon-to-launch migration scheme, particularly those from mainland China.
How to get a Hong Kong student visa
All international students require a study permit, whether you're coming for a full degree-level course or an exchange programme.
Hong Kong Trade and Business News
Guide to Employment Law in Hong Kong Mayer Brown
The primary piece of legislation, the Employment Ordinance (the EO), prescribes certain basic rights and protection for most employees.
Analysis: Comprehensive Agreement on Investment Encourages EU Companies to Invest in China
EU companies need equal access to the Chinese market with Chinese companies and the European economy needs the capital increase that Chinese investment can provide.
China's ambition to involve Hong Kong in economic zone creates ripple
The planned zone would include Macau and a clutch of mainland cities as well as the territory.

The above links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; Isarey bears no responsibility for the accuracy, content or policies of external websites.

Get a Quotation for your Documents

We price each certification process individually, depending on the type and quantity of documents to be attested, the country of issue, the country of use and intended purpose, urgency, whether certified translations are required as part of the process and courier costs.

To receive a quote, you can upload your documents using our online quotation form or send us your documents by email. After reviewing your documents and requirements, we will get back to you with a quotation:

If you don’t have the documents available, just describe the documents you need to certify, and we will get back to you with an estimation of cost and delivery times.

Using our quotation form, your documents will be uploaded over a secure connection and immediately encrypted on our server. For added protection, you can upload password-protected files ( PDFExternal link (opens in new tab), Microsoft Office 365: Save a password protected document to prevent unauthorized people from opening it. Office DocumentsExternal link (opens in new tab), WinRAR Encryption Frequently asked question (FAQ) RAR foldersExternal link (opens in new tab)) and provide us with the passwords separately.

PERSONAL DATA: If your documents contain personal data belonging to people outside your household, please ensure that you are authorised to share this data before uploading your documents. If your documents contain sensitive personal data, such as biometric data, medical data or data on criminal convictions, please ensure that you indicate this when prompted, upon submitting your documents. For further information on our processing of personal data contained in uploaded documents, please see:
Privacy Policy (Customer Inquiries)

For further information on confidentiality in our handling of document content please see:
Confidentiality (Client Content)